Re: Latest Stable Debian Release 4.0r1 Etch

On Wednesday 03 October 2007, you wrote:
> On 10/3/07, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Wayne Cam wrote:
> > > I searched the whole website, and googled for the Kernel version of
> > > Etch, but couldn't find it.
> > > Could you tell me what linux kernel it is?
> >
> > The obvious document to read is the Release Notes:
> > http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-whats-new.e
> >n.html#s-kernel-changes
>
> Thanks.
>
> I was hoping the kernel is newer in 4.0r1!

The kernel was updated with r1, but not to a newer upstream. In principle
Debian does not do that, although adding a newer kernel is being considered
for roughly the beginning of 2008.

For info about what updates are included in point releases, you should check
their release announcements which are linked from the home page under
"News": http://www.debian.org/News/2007/20070817
You will find the kernel listed their for security updates.