Re: vendor

Jonathan Norman wrote:
> Hello.

Hi,

> I would like to become a vendor for debian but I have some
> questions that where not answered in the vendor information section.

great.

> Is there a set price that I can see the CD / DVD at or am I allowed to set
> my own price? Ideally I'd like to make a small profit to fund
> development for some of my projects.

Debian is free software. You are completely free to choose the price you
find appropriate (for the binaries).

Remember that some of the source code is licensed under the GNU General
Public License. This means, you have some special obligations when
distribution binaries without source accompanied (such as GPL version 2,
clause 3b).

> Also does it matter what media I
> used as I was thinking of buying bulk DVD-R and CD-R discs and burning
> the image to them. Does it matter if it's got a debian logo on or says
> something like "TDK DVD-R" with "debain 4.0 etch" written on with pen?

Debian is free software. You are completely free to choose the media you
find appripriate.

wrt/ labeling the discs, it's usually done by writing the official disk
label on it. You can find the label of the respective disk in
/.disk/label on each of them.

Regards,
Daniel