Re: State Museum of Pennsylvania - Debian copyright infringement?

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> * MJ Ray:
> > If they made their logo independently and aren't using it for
> > software, is there a problem?
>
> Yes, if the swirl was a trademark, it would still be trademark
> infringement.

What trademark class could we hold on the swirl that would cover the
use of the State Museum of Pennsylvania?  Arguing distinctiveness of
swirls in general seems unlikely to work IMO.

  "The registration of a trademark includes an indication of the goods
  or services which it is intended to protect. This means that, in
  principle, others are free to use the trademark for other goods or
  services."
  Source: http://www.iusmentis.com/trademarks/crashcourse/rights/

Puzzled,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.