Re: State Museum of Pennsylvania - Debian copyright infringement?

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 01:32:49PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Jared Moore <cornflake.pirate@gmail.com> wrote: [...]
> > http://www.statemuseumpa.org/shop.html. The 'Radius' shop seems to be
> > using the Debian logo (rotated 90 degrees to the right) [...]
>
> Thanks for the notice.
>
> It'm not sure it's made from the Debian logo.  A comparison is
> temporarily at http://people.debian.org/~mjr/radius-v-openlogo.png
> Please can you explain to me the transformation of openlogo which
> results in the radius logo?
>
> If they made their logo independently and aren't using it for
> software, is there a problem?
>
> Regards,
There seems to be a few of these assertions a year that end up being
false. Maybe a wiki page pointing out these assertions' status would
provide examples of what does not constitute an infringement of Debian
trademark and/or copyright so that folks could look at it before making
more assertions? e.g.

Non-infringing:
*uses of openlogo-like symbol
http://www.statemuseumpa.org/shop.html