Re: Need of non-germany-tree in Debian?

Hi,
* Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> [2007-07-13 17:08]:
> Am 2007-07-06 19:26:44, schrieb Malte Hahlbeck:
> > Today the upper House of the German Parliament (Bundesrat)
> > decided to declare Security Software like nmap, nessus etc.
> > illegal in a way that the software itself and not it's
> > criminal use is indictable. That is no Joke. This Law will
> > be active when it is published. That should last a few
> > weeks.
> > What would be the consequence? Will there be the need of a
> > non-germany-tree in the Debian Repositories? This question
> > is no joke.
>
> Sorry, but this is NOT REALY RIGHT!
>
> The new german LAW is talking about Software which was build to hack
> sites.  "Security Software like nmap, nessus etc." are not build to
> do illegal hacking.  (Greetings from my Advocat from Offenburg)
[...]

Looks like you don't understand the law. There is no
list with tools which met the criteria. But the criteria is
that the tool enables or helps you to get access to private
data which matches nmap no matter if you use it for personal
network security or not.

The law doesn't say anything about that it has to be the
only purpose of the program to hack private data.
Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://ngolde.de - nion@jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0x73647CFF