Re: Social Committee proposal text (diff)

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 11:26:58PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > > Having a record of who voted for whom is a good default. Since we don't
> > > have any typical real-world election abuses in Debian (e.g. intimidation
> > > or harming of people who voted for someone you don't like), I see no
> > > serious negative consequences to publishing the votes.
> >
> > "I don't like this person, but I have to work with him in this project,
> > so I would like to hide that fact from him/her. I don't want to rank
> > him/her above NOTA, but I also don't want to have to explain that"
>
> Okay, that's a good point. I'm not automatically convinced that it's a
> seriously negative thing, however. This kind of openness can obviously
> cause some friction, but do we have any real evidence that says it's
> an insurmountable obstacle?

Resurrecting this old thing for another question that came to me now -
would it make sense to postpone the publication of votes in soc-ctte
elections? Like, publish the list of voters after a year or two?

By that time, time itself should have eroded much of the problem...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.