Re: Some thoughts on the ARM build daemons

On Wed, 09 May 2007, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 11:53:36PM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> > > - tofee: up, building packages, sometimes stable-security.
> > >
> > > I think it is time to changes things. Our faster build daemons have a
> > > 233MHz CPU with 256MB of RAM, while there are way faster ARM CPU today.
> >
> > How much faster is the fastest available ARM CPU compared to toffee?
>
> As in, the fastest ARM CPU that exists in the world?  As far as
> I know, that would be the 1.2 GHz Intel IOP342 (dual core.)

Any reason why we cannot just buy two of these things, beef them up with a
lot of RAM, and set them up in different parts of the world?  It is not like
the ARM platform is not an important one: it is being used everywhere, and a
lot of embedded work is done with it.

  Henrique Holschuh