Re: SGI Altix 350/3700 - 450/4700

On Friday 09 March 2007 19.34:30 Anibal Abdulkhalek wrote:
> I wanted to know if you had any experience installing Debian on SGI
> Altix systems specifically the 350/3700 and 450/4700 product line based
> on Montecito (Itanium2). I information on the web about this but I wanted
> to know directly what was your official response.

Hi,

Debian is a volunteer project, and we also don't carry lists of officially
supported hardware.

SGI Altix: is this an intel based system or a MIPS based system?  For the
first, you'd best ask at the debian-user mailing list for experiences, if
it's a MIPS machine, the mips porters mailing list might help you
(<ttp://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/>)

> Also what kind of support agreement could be reached with you in case a
> customer would require such config.

Debian as an organisation doesn't do support agreements, but a number of
companies or individual developers do.  Please contact one of them
directly, there is a list at <http://www.debian.org/consultants/>.

Greetings
Adrian von Bidder

--
Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.