Re: Bits from the DPL: DSA and buildds and DAM, oh my!

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> * Anthony Towns:
>
>> If they don't do it, and it's important, someone else will.
>
> We aren't prepared to deal with that in some important cases.  For
> instance, if large numbers of identically-versioned binary packages
> are published, there will quite a few issues in the short term .

Hm, what problems are you talking about?  If I upload

$ ls src/Packages/texlive-new/*2007-1~2_*.deb | wc -l
80
$

(from 5 source packages) will that trigger those problems?

> (and
> fear of such confusion already led to drastic measures on behalf of
> the project)

What measures?  Can you provide any links?

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)