Re: Bits from the DPL: DSA and buildds and DAM, oh my!

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 12:13:03PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
[...lots of interesting info snipped...]
>        * Wanna-build access
>          - Ryan Murray, Steve Langasek, James Troup, Anthony Towns, others
>          - schedule give-backs, binNMUs, etc
>          - listed as group "wb-$arch" on DSA adminned machines (amd64
>            included in wb-i386, mipsel included in wb-mips)

These groups don't have any real-life relevance anymore, AFAIK. They
were important back when ftp-master.d.o was still accessible to any DD;
but when ftp-master became a restricted host, they stopped getting
updated. E.g., smurf@d.o also has access to the m68k wanna-build db, but
is not in the right group.

Currently, personally I don't even have a username on ftp-master.d.o (as
is the case for none of the m68k buildd admins); all my wanna-build
access goes through one of my buildd hosts.

Most other stuff in your summary seems correct from my POV.

[...]
> That's intended to be exhaustive and authoritative, but probably
> misses some bits that I'm not familiar with or that simply slipped
> my mind. That particularly applies to the buildd stuff, which I'm not
> really very familiar with, and have generally tried to avoid looking
> into in any depth.

Glad to be of help :)

[...]
  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22