Re: Bits from the DPL: DSA and buildds and DAM, oh my!

On 2/23/07, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
also sprach Kalle Kivimaa <killer@debian.org> [2007.02.23.1054 +0100]:
> You did notice that the DSA team is about to install a request tracker
> for issues like you described? I would think that takes care of most
> of the current communication related issues.

Does it say anywhere that this will be publicly accessible?

Exactly Martin, if the plain is a publicly accessible interface to
track requests for DSA, we've our BTS! The "security" argument sells
the idea that a RT (not publicly accessible) would be better. That's
why #408150 wasn't solved as i have requested.

I don't see anyone opening a bug against a new debian-admin
pseudo-package containing sensible information and the pseudo-package
maintainers are smart enough to avoid add such thing in the answers,
and it would be valid for public BTS or private RT anyway. If you
disagree please answer with examples and remember that we've enough
sensible information into our BTS (eg.: security issues in the
softwares) and anyone is free to open bugs with debsecan output and
stuff like that. Don't tell me that "hey, what's the alpha machine
status?" and keyring-maint requests will leak information.

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com