Re: Bits from the DPL: DSA and buildds and DAM, oh my!

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 08:45:27PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 10:44:55AM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> >   So sorry, but I don't buy a single word of your argumentation here.
>
> It wasn't an argument; it was just a statement of things are, as I see
> them. In so far as "how things are" isn't well communicated in those
> areas, I don't see any other way of addressing that other than the above.
>
> >   We're far beyond trying to help them, at least for me, [...]
>
> Your opinions are only ever going to be considered in so far as you're
> willing to help make them a reality. If you're not willing to help,
> find something else to worry about.

  Given how gently help offers are treated, yes I'm beyond that. Blame
yourself for that.

  That's also a very nice attempt to make me look bad and divert the
discussion from its real matter. Sadly for you, I don't refuse to help,
_you_ implied that I was part of a clever cabal to take over
root@debian. So yes, awkwardly enough I don't consider helping DSA
anymore, given what publicity I had in return.

  And like Marc said, when things in a project make people not care
anymore, maybe the inherent problem is to be fixed, and not the people
to be blamed.

  You don't fix a problem by hiding/blaming the symptoms.

Thanks for caring.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit