Re: Debian 3.1r4

also sprach Wayne Tempel <wayne_tempel@sbcglobal.net> [2007.02.10.1519 +0000]:
> I was recently browsing on your website. I was interested in
> trying out your product. I want to download the i386 version of
> your software. My question is how many iso files do I need to
> install the OS? I see that there are binary files numbered 1-10.
> Do I need to download all 10 iso files? Thank You for your time.

The first ISO should be enough.

I suggest you don't install 3.1r4 but 4.0, which is not yet
released, but it's already frozen. If you have a broadband
connection, you can even just use netinst or businesscard images.
Or you can get the first of the full ISOs:

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/etch_di_rc1/i386/iso-cd

Do read the errata:
  http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata

obviously i was either onto something, or on something.
                                 -- larry wall on the creation of perl