  Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:51:15 +0100 (CET)
  From: Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de>
  To: Debian Private List <debian-private@lists.debian.org>
  Subject: Re: The Tech ctte isse

  [... other quotes snipped ...]

  I guess Gustavo is asking for a soc-ctte (Social Committee) that
  might solve our social problems because the current issues do not
  directly concern technical but social matters.  Perhaps Gustavo
  did not wanted YACtte (Yet Another Committee) and instead
  widening the competence of the yet existing tech-ctte.  The current
  tech-ctte does currently not fulfill the tasks of a soc-ctte (and
  it was never asked for doing so) - and perhaps that's the thing
  he was wondering about without the intent to criticise any member
  of the tech-ctte.

I have to admit that even if I invented this term I'm not fully
convinced whether it is a tool that solves our problems but I would
definitely give it a try.  Moreover I think the idea is not really
new because I see it in line with the intention to form a group
leading Debian (see elections in 2005) which was not really accepted
by the majority of DDs if you look at the votes.  But at least both
ideas have something in common so I did not really invented something
new.

      Now, I have been in the US for (gulp) 21 years (where d_do_
these decades go?), so I personally have assimilated. But, looking at
IEEE's latest newsletter about college admissions in CS and
engineering, and looking at the Asia; the contributors of the future
to Debian

As an unrelated note: I share your your opinion of contributors
of the future Debian[1] and hope you can give these people some
extra hints how to work in this direction because you have the
same roots (and culture).

might well come from cultures that find the norms of
occidental society to be horribly rude.

Back to the initial fact:  Do you know any society where it
is cultural acceptable in a group of people who work together
equally if someone asks his coworker about the progress of
his work and the coworker refuses to answer?

Kind regards

           Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-custom/2007/01/msg00066.html

--