Re: Closing down obsolete lists

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 07:34:48PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > as part of the spring cleaning effort of the listmasters, we would like
> > to close down several unused, obsolete lists. Before doing so we would
> > like to
>
> > a) give you the chance to veto against it
> > b) document our reasons and changes publicly
>
> > The following lists will be effected:
>
> > Mailing list                    Members    Last valid post
> [...]
> > debian-ports                    2          2003-03
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure why the last valid post is listed as 2003-03; I'm pretty
> sure I've seen it used more recently than that to blast mails out to all the
> porting lists.  Then again, ISTR that the list has also been listed as
> "deprecated" for quite some time.

AFAIK, debian-ports was configured as an "alias" for all porting lists, i.e.
there were no archives for the debian-ports list itself.

This did not work very well with crossassassin (as messages posted to
debian-ports ended up having a cross-list count of 10 or more), but I
don't know if something was done to fix it.