Re: Explications needed...

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr> wrote:
>  MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote
> > Please show where reading everything on debian-$arch@lists.d.o is
> > given as a requirement for buildd maintainership.
>
> It seems common sense!

Huh?  It seems common sense that most subscribers ignore at least some
list emails, particularly on unguided lists like debian ones.  This
has been common for years.  See these links from 1999 and 1998:
http://cmc.dsv.su.se/select/coping-with-too-much-email/#filtering
http://cmc.dsv.su.se/select/information-filtering.html

> Debian has a serious problem if you have to
> write everything down.
>
> "A buildd maintainer must be able to type Unix commands on a
> keyboard."

I agree.  It seems silly if we must write "buildd maintainers do not
have to read all emails to debian-$arch".

So, back to the more general problem: how should the project handle
bits of the organization going silent?

Regards,
--
MJR/slef