Re: Explications needed...

Steve Langasek a écrit :
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 06:17:20PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
>> [this discussion is off-topic on -devel, please follow-up on -project]
>
>> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 05:51:55PM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
>>> How did Aurelien get wanna-build access for his buildd
>
>> He didn't, it's a rogue autobuilder.  Which is the reason it got
>> blacklisted.
>
>>> or did he not ask for it...
>
>> He did apparently, but did not get a response and decided to act anyway.
>
>> Did somebody from the release team say that the arm autobuilder is
>> causing trouble to the release, and that buildd maintenance needs to get
>> addressed?
>
> No.  ARM was in no danger of being dropped from the release due to this, and
> the only buildd problem I've seen identified in this was a broken
> libtasn1-3 package in netwinder's chroot -- if this was causing any problems
> for the release team, I at least wasn't aware of it.

All started with this email:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2006/08/msg00151.html

ARM was *in danger*, a lot of stuff (java, xulrunner, mono, ...) were
not working correctly. People worked hard to fix that, but it was very
difficult to get packages depending on fixed stuff to get requeued. Also
a lot of "arch-specific compile errors" were actually due to build
daemon problems.

I have decided to help the ARM port at that time, and I am building
around 20 packages per week on my NSLU2 since this moment (the glibc
being frozen, I don't have test build to do). It takes me a lot of time,
so I decided to automate the process with build daemons. We will see the
evolution of the ARM port without those uploads. I know at least two
packages with RC bugs which won't move to testing because one of the ARM
build daemon have (recurrent) problems (and it's not netwinder nor
elara). And this time I won't be able to build them by hand.