Re: Help for OSS Survey

Sven Luther wrote:
> Thanks, i think that debian will gain much by a neutral outsider
> analysis of the situation, and as said, it is probably an interested
> research topic for you :)

As I understand it, his original topic of research was not what you are
asking him to do.

I would also love to see what people like Biella Coleman would come up
with after studying "The DunkTank" effect.

Why was there no such negative reaction back in the days where Ximian
hired Gnome developers to do their Gnome work? Why is this so different
in Debian, if Ximian's CEO was also the Gnome Project Leader? Why did
the rest of the Gnome Developers accept this situation without the
bitterness we've seen in Debian?

I am also very interested in thir party observation and analisys by
outsiders with tools coming from social studying fields, like
anthropology, psicology or $insert_field_here.

--
  ·''`.             If I can't dance to it, it's not my revolution
 : :' :                                            -- Emma Goldman