Re: Debian Etch Stable.

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 08:40:41AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> I would further expect that you didn't try to pollute the experiment result
> with stuff like the mail starting this thread. From the tone of that mail, it
> indicated clearly that for you the experiment was over, and that you called
> for experiment oponents to be remotivated for that.
> Sorry, but again, this cannot happen until the final report is there, and your
> mail was all but a good idea.

Dunc-Tank's activities for the etch release are almost over, aside from some
logistical things that still need to be completed. If you're worried about
people being payed to do work, and not doing it because you're not being
paid, well, that's ceasing very shortly.

If it's the concept of an experiment at all that bothers you -- ie,
doing something that some people (including yourself) don't agree with,
that might not work, that's controversial, that hasn't been 100% thought
out and proven to be correct and already tried elsewhere -- well, it's
fair enough that you should continue being upset. Though I think you'll
have trouble finding somewhere in free software that people are that
conservative that you won't continue getting upset.

Personally, if you're already upset by things I've said or done, I
wouldn't recommend you rely on any report I might work on to make you
feel that much better. :-/

Cheers,
aj