Re: Debian Etch Stable.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 04:02:53PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Personally, I'd say that now would be the time for any anti-payment
> people to say "we can do this better, and look, we'll prove it", and make
> up their own target date for etch, and demonstrate how much energy and
> effort can be mustered just by having a good idea and good people and
> putting them together to get a goal achieved.

I am concerned you missed all the QA work and other works done by what you
call "anti-payment" people. Never so much work was done prior to a
release. It certainly show there are enough people willing to invest
effort in the release without dunc-tank bait. Byt the way, my release
date for Etch is "When it is ready".

You have to consider that Dunc-tank created a conflict of interest for
every developer not strictly neutral about it and this is not a
comfortable position to be.

Given the current prospect for Etch, "we can do this better, and look,
we'll prove it" is not even challenging.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.