Re: Debian Etch Stable.

Sven Luther dijo [Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 11:53:52AM +0100]:
> > > Which is why we release with gnome 2.14.
> >
> > I don't understand.  Do you consider this to be a good thing or a bad
> > thing?
>
> As current gnome is 2.16, probably 2.18 before etch is released, i guess he
> means we are already shiping with outdated packages.

As with everything, this is positive for some people and negative for
others :) For one, I welcome we stick to more reliable software,
instead of just shipping the newest. We are shipping outdated, stable
packages, and we should be proud of that. That's what makes us differ
from Ubuntu ;-)

(Well, that, and the sheer amount of gigabytes spent whenever somebody
mentions "money")

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23