Re: Note to "Did you already MOO today..."

Il giorno Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:36:14 +0100
Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> ha scritto:

> Where does the "Did you already MOO today..." come from?  I can't find
> anything related to it.
>
> Something that seem to be related to it in Debian is:
> $ apt-get moo
>          (__)
>          (oo)
>    /------\/
>   / |    ||
>  *  /\---/\
>     ~~   ~~
> ...."Have you mooed today?"...
>
> Which seems to be a cow to me.

She's the "Super Cow" indeed. It's almost surely a naif joke, maybe
originated on some Kuro5hin forum. The cow looks different from that of
the old famous "cowsay" [1] Perl script included in Debian since 2001
(but is this really a well-shaped cow[2]?).

I do suppose "Have you mooed today?" loosely relates to Microsoft's
"Where do you want to go today?" motto. APT (and dpkg) is in fact a
powerful tool that made Debian distribution better.

Anyway, I don't know who is the creator of APT cow and easter egg. The
CVS might help to find it!

([3] is noteworthy too...)

Cheers,

--