Re: Open Letter to Anthony Towns about the d-i mediation ...

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:12:32 +0100, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> said:

> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 12:21:41PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>> Are all DDs equal?

> No. Debian is a meritocracy; "those who do, get to decide". There is
> nothing wrong with that. On the contrary -- there /would/ be
> something wrong with a Debian where anyone, even those who maintain
> just one small unimportant package and do nothing more, get to make
> important decisions on core principles of Debian.

        Mostly agreed, though I would say that it is the quality of
 contribution to the discussion, and peoples perception of the
 judgement of the person, rather than package count, that matters in
 the latter case.

        If I recall correctly, when Jason Gunthorpe spoke, people paid
 attention, even though he technically did not have any packages (or
 very few, in any case).  On the flip side, increasing the number of
 packages one maintains does not necessarily get one into the cabal :)

        manoj
--
You have a tendency to feel you are superior to most computers.