Re: Response to "Position Statement to the Dunc-Tanc "experiment""

Re: Anthony Towns 2006-10-27 <[🔎] 20061027123514.GA31711@azure.humbug.org.au>

Hi Anthony,

thank you very much for the in-depth reply, that's what I had hoped
for when signing in to the statement.

> I'd encourage people both pro- and anti- Dunc-Tank to consider the advice
> of http://www.donotfeedtheenergybeast.com/ and whether continuing to
> publicise and debate the topic actually aids your goals.

The reason I'm a bit fed up of Debian at the moment is that the
flamewars on the lists has risen to a level that it is really no fun
anymore. I don't specifically blame dunc-tank for that - it's rather
the general way things are handled. Perhaps it is really not possible
to reach consenus in a 1000+ people project, but then we should think
about ways how to overcome this. Maybe we can concentrate the
discussions on that?

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/