Re: Position Statement to the Dunc-Tanc "experiment"

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 08:48:16PM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> On 10/26/06, Marc Haber <mh+debian-project@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> >If people need to be paid, I'd like them
> >  (1) to be paid by the project
> >  (2) to be paid by something friendly to the project
> >  (3) to be paid by a competitor
> >
> >I know of more DDs that (3) applies than of DDs that (2) applies. And
> >unfortunately, no DD that (1) applies to.
>
> What does this imply? Why would a competitor pay a DD to do Debian
> work?

Maybe not pay a DD to do Debian work, but pay a DD to work on the
competing product.  If that DD holds a job in Debian that requires
special privileges, and that job is neglected without the DD in
question resigning or allowing other people to do the work that he is
neglecting, a loyality issue arises.

> Is this by any chance related to Ubuntu?

Probably.

Greetings
Marc