misleading use of d-d-a (was Re: Position Statement to the Dunc-Tanc "experiment")

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 07:46:00PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a long and ambivalent discussion during the last weeks the project
> "Dunc Tank" (short DT from now on) has recently started.  We consider
> that to be a major change to the Debian project culture: For the first
> time Debian Developers are paid for their work on Debian by a
> institution so near to the project itself.

[lengthy whinge snipped]

You were my AM, and I have a lot of respect for you, but this is no way to
get your point across.

I think it's uncool to be sending emails to d-d-a with "position statement"
in the subject that aren't indicative of a position statement of the
project.

We've had not one, but two GRs recently, which came out supporting what aj's
doing. If anything, one could draw from these results that the "position
statement" of the project is exact opposite to what you've put forward on
d-d-a.

Way to send conflicting messages to the public.

In fact, your email was less of a position statement and more of a
set of requests from my reading.

For the record, the constant bitching and moaning is demotivating me more
than anything else.

If you don't like what's going on, remember it's only an experiment, and
after the experiment is done, raise whatever GRs are necessary to make sure
it can never happen again.

regards

Andrew