Re: Using money to fund real Debian work

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:36:57 +0200, Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> said:

> Le mercredi 11 octobre 2006 10:16, vous avez écrit :
>> > It's not Dunc Tank's fault if your jealous.
>>
>> Hmm, maybe it is because the developer is jealous on/of somebody
>> being directly or indirectly paid by the project while they are
>> not?

> My personal belief is that being jealous is wrong.

        Is any personal belief relevant here? Given our size, we can't
 just assume that basic human nature would be suppressed by
 personal codas and ethics; and thus any major initiative has the onus
 to judge if the perceived benefits are outweighed by people being
 ... human.

        So just saying that people should be perfect is not a very
 effective advocacy for the initiative, in my opinion.

        manoj
--
President Reagan has noted that there are too many economic pundits
and forecasters and has decided on an excess prophets tax.