Re: No more bugreports from me.

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 03:22, Magnus Berg wrote:

> But then the administrator doesn't remove my mail address on request I get
> real angry.

If you ever share your email address unmunged with anyone, anywhere in any
capacity, consider that the spammers probably already do anyway.

> Now I suggest that that a script change all e-mail addresses, in all
> incoming bugreports, to links that hide the e-mail address.

Thus delaying the inevitable and making it a pain in the ass for real people
who might have a real reason to email you.  You can't make it harder for
spammers to get your email address even if you are making it harder for real
people to email you, it just doesn't work like that.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://jabber.ursine.ca/