Re: policy for planet.debian.org

"Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)" <felipe@cathedrallabs.org> wrote:
> 	For the record, in 2005, after Ian's blog removal from planet.d.o
> there are some [1]discussion about this topic on -project. (Looks like that
> we have a pattern). :-)
> 1.http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/05/msg00013.html

The discussion about greylisting there looks longer... :-/

I think planet.d.o should include any debian-related blogs onto
it (including their non-debian content, if the author wants),
but exclude people/things that spam it with repeat posts
or over-long material like entire press releases.  I'd let
non-English posts on, as long as they're UTF-8 or ASCII (so
entities) - not all debian helpers enjoy writing English.

There should be warnings for offences, with commenting-out and
an offer to reinstate when the problem's fixed if needed.  Silent
removals should not happen.  The only removal should be if a feed
contains no debian-relevant content.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef