Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project

Manoj Srivastava writes ("Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project"):
>         And this, sir, is an insult. When I titled the GR for changes
>  to the social contract editorial changes, I believed that is what it
>  was. Telling the world that I was not honest and above board when I
>  did that is an insult, a slander, and a calumny. You honestly think
>  you can get away with labeliing my actions in my official capacity as
>  Debian Project Secretary as less than honest and above board, and
>  expect me to continue to work amicably with you?

*blink*

I didn't know until now that the choice of the title `Editorial
changes' was yours.  I certainly didn't mean to imply that you were
dishonest.  I apologise for apparently giving a contrary impression.
This bears repeating for the sake of clarity:  I don't think you were
anything less than wholly honest and above board.

However, I think you'll agree with me that it was a mistake, with
hindsight.  (This seems clear from your comments about dead horses.)

And, I think at least some of the resolution's proponents _were_
dishonest in failing to draw proper attention to the fact that
`Editorial changes' wasn't an accurate description at all.  I don't
necessarily expect you to agree with me about their dishonesty but
the lack of accuracy of that particular GR title has been a sore point
for many people for some time.

I think I see now why you were upset at Nick Phillips but please would
you give him the benefit of the doubt ?  Can you see where he's coming
from ?  That whole incident left a lot of people feeling bad, and
unfortunately it is now incumbent on everyone to try to be
exceptionally clear and direct to try to regain trust in the process.

This conversation does seem to risk getting out of hand; I've already
been unclear enough to make you think I was impugning your probity.
If you like I'd be happy to have a phone conversation to discuss it.
You can find my phone number in db.debian.org; I'll be available
tonight from 2000-2300Z and tomorrow from 0930-2300Z or so.

Ian.