Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

Ean Schuessler <ean@brainfood.com> writes:

> I agree but we must focus on results. I'm afraid of Debian becoming some
> painfully polite court where people are forever trying to score points
> on one and other by faulting their manners.

I understand the concern about slippery slopes, but that slope isn't even
on the same *planet* we're currently on.

> Keeping things friendly is critical and etiquette can be a very
> effective method of intimidating people. Technical results should be of
> at least equal import to social considerations. After all, we're a
> volunteer OS not a volunteer international vacation club.

Have you seen the Geek Social Fallacies?

<http://sean.chittenden.org/humor/www.plausiblydeniable.com/opinion/gsf.html>

I think Fallacy #1 sheds quite a bit of light on this particular situation
and the reactions to it.