Re: Reforming the NM process

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 21:33 +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:
> [...]
> > I am not sure 6 months of sustained contributions is really necessary, I
> > think "several months" or "sustained contributions" are alright, where
> > both measures are up for interpretation depending on the type, quality
> > and quantity of the contributions.
>
> Which is a perfect reason for "Hey, $foo was allowed to do $bar after 4
> months, I have done the same and needed to wait 6 months!"
>
> Sorry, the appeal of these numbers is that clear rules allow us to kill
> off most reasons for flamewars.

Not only for preventing flamewars, but to make things more predictable
for the people entering the system. Please establish clear, measurable
goals whenever that's reasonably possible.

Since it doesn't seem to add much value to allow to shorten that period
from 6 to 4 months for some and not for others, I'd advise just not to
do it.

Thijs