Re: Debian Subscription

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 12:36:43PM +0530, Annamalai Gurusami wrote:
> Dear DPL,
>
> My question is this.  Why doesn't Debian GNU/Linux sell distribution
> CDs?  What about Debian Distribution Subscription?  What is the
> rationale behind not selling?

You can buy Debian GNU/Linux CD's, see
http://www.de.debian.org/CD/vendors/ If you want to donate part of the
purchase price to the Debian project, choose a vendor that gives a
portion of the price or a separate donation to Debian.

Debian testing distribution makes a new CD every day, so subscribing
to that seems not good. Those that want to follow the updates closely,
probably update from the net or download and burn their own CD when
they need it.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
tapio.lehtonen@iki.fi