Re: Reforming the NM process

Hello

> > I would strongly suggest, allowing to restrict access to such a site
> > to DDs. This is because not everyone feels comfortable having
> > personal information (like your specific view on free software)
> > world-accessable. Debian developers need to know, since you are about
> > to become part of their community, but no one else needs to know more
> > than is exposed by your membership in the Debian community anyways.
>
> then you shouldn't apply for becoming a DD because your so called
> personnal views on free software are a requirement for beeing a DD. Oh
> and btw, the application is public anyway.
>
> So to my eyes, the so called problem you raise is irrelevant. Not to
> mention that I would feel concerned and surprised (in a bad sense) if
> an applicant would have such issues. e.g.: if you have an issue with
> your company knowing that you want to become a DD, then, *don't ask for
> beeing one*, because that's a public matter. Debian is about
> transparency.
I disagree with you. All that people need to know outside Debian, is
that you conceed with the Debian guidelines on freedom, nothing more. I
have strong feeling about preserving privacy as far as possible, but
this is OT here.
But after rereading Marc's and Michael's post, I noticed, that they were
not advocating putting your _specific_ views on such a page (Michael
merely mentioned a small paragraph on your motivation).
So my concerns are in fact irrelevant, as long as this page is not
extended.

Best regards

Ben