Re: Reforming the NM process

Heya,

Benjamin Mesing <ben-ml@gmx.net> writes:
>> 2.3 Separate upload permissions, system accounts and voting rights
> Unless you are not planning to have long term "second class
> developers" (i.e. developers with restricted rights), I don't think it
> is a good idea. The additional overhead IMO is not worth the effort for
> a few month. After all the goal of the proposal is that applicatants are
> not stuck in NM for so long any more.

Actually, this proposal's targetting the group of people who apply to
early to finish the NM process in a reasonable time frame. They can
start to upload packages on their own sooner [1] and are forced to get
the needed experience before applying for the "full" DD account, so that
reduces the number of inexperienced applicants AMs have to work with.

Marc

Footnotes:
[1]  Which should help to motivate them to continue their work

--
BOFH #412:
Radial Telemetry Infiltration