Re: Reforming the NM process

smurf@smurf.noris.de writes:
> Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt:
>> For package maintainers, an intensive package check follows. If
>> everything went fine, these people get upload permissions for *these*
>> packages (and nothing else). If they want to adopt new packages, their
>> AM does a package-check once and fitting upload permissions are
>> added. We may need to create tools to automate this, as it could become
>> quite much work for the DAM.
> Why not ftpmaster? Just add, to their "PASS this package" command
> (I assume, naïvely perhaps, that such a command exists), an "add
> the package to the uploader's list of permissible packages" feature.

Well, I thought about something like that when writing the mail. It
sounds fine for most cases, but sometimes, it may be a good idea to add
some more discussion with an applicant before they're free to upload on
their own.
For example, from a QA point of view, it sounds like a good idea to
speak a bit about library packaging when an applicant wants to maintain
a library.  Even if you get the initial package right, there are *so*
many pitfalls that bugs are easily added.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
276: SMP