Re: Reforming the NM process

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 08:43:48AM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> Le Mer 12 Avril 2006 08:34, Benjamin Mesing a écrit :
> > I would strongly suggest, allowing to restrict access to such a site
> > to DDs. This is because not everyone feels comfortable having
> > personal information (like your specific view on free software)
> > world-accessable. Debian developers need to know, since you are about
> > to become part of their community, but no one else needs to know more
> > than is exposed by your membership in the Debian community anyways.
>
> then you shouldn't apply for becoming a DD because your so called
> personnal views on free software are a requirement for beeing a DD. Oh
> and btw, the application is public anyway.

Not entirely. From the templates:

3. Finally, please tell me about yourself, how you came to GNU/Linux and
free software, and why you want to volunteer your time. Please describe
the contributions you have made to Debian, your primary areas of
interest within Debian, and any goals you plan to accomplish.
Note: I would like to post a summary about your biography to a public
mailing list so other developers can get to know you. Please indicate
which parts I may publish and which not.

The responses to the answers aren't public either.

Neil
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3