Re: About expulsion requests

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 03:51:19PM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I know that having codified expulsion procedures is tempting to use
> them, and I do think that they are a good thing to have. But please
> consider one thing when you think about invoking them: [1]

As someone who wasd recently the target of one of those expulsion processes, i
believe that what you propose is not enough.

The only real way to handle this, is to modify the expulsion process, and to
start the process not with a public or private lynching process, but with a
first step consisting of asking the DPL, or someone delegated by him, to do a
private mediation process, and only if this step fails, should more advanced
steps be taken.

An expulsion process is the most hateful thing that can be done to a debian
developer, and the current process let it open to any trigger happy developer
who happens to dislike another one or whatever.

Friendly,

Sven Luther