Re: what are developers ?

On 5 Apr 2006, JC Helary outgrape:

> Obviously, not all managing contributors would need full access
> rights to _all_ (or any of) the servers. So in the end we'd still
> have a "super-class" of contributors who are entitled to upload
> access but the uploaders would share the political burden with
> people who contribute in different ways.

        Umm, no. If you can't trust people not to abuse the rights
 they have in Debian, you definitely do not want them to influence
 decisions taken by the project.

        Technically, any DD can wreak havoc by uploading trojans,
 hijacking packages, and various and sundry mayhem. We just trust them
 not to (with a big stick after any infractions).

        manoj
--
Marriage, n.: The evil aye.