Re: Information Concerning Telugu Font

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 11:18:59AM -0500, James Hardy wrote:
> Greetings!
>

> I am searching for a free Telugu font that I can install on my computer.  I
> do not know enough about the software to ask specific questions.  I would
> like to be able to do word processing and possibly publication using Telugu
> font.
>

> Do you have any suggestions on how I should proceed to find, download and
> use Telugu font for word processing and possibly publication?
>

> Thanks ever so much!
>
> James Hardy
Hi James,

apt-cache show ttf-indic-fonts
Package: ttf-indic-fonts
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 32
Maintainer: Debian-IN Team <debian-in-workers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 1:0.4.7
Depends: ttf-bengali-fonts, ttf-devanagari-fonts, ttf-gujarati-fonts, ttf-kannada-fonts, ttf-malayalam-fonts, ttf-oriya-fonts, ttf-punjabi-fonts, ttf-tamil-fonts, ttf-telugu-fonts
Filename: pool/main/t/ttf-indic-fonts/ttf-indic-fonts_0.4.7_all.deb
Size: 4470
MD5sum: f45a091047b59fa678a98cbbffce876d
 This package merely depends on the various Indian language font packages
 available in Debian.  Use this if you want fonts for every official Indian
 language.
Tag: culture::bengali, culture::hindi, culture::punjabi, culture::tamil, made-of::data:font, role::aux:metapackage
cheers,
Kev