Re: Setting up i18n.debian.org?

On Monday 03 April 2006 01:25, Christian Surchi wrote:
> Il giorno dom, 02/04/2006 alle 18.39 -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas ha scritto:

> > Well, personally I had debian-specific projects like d-i and debconf
> > translations in mind.
>
> And how could be that idea connected to upstream translation work? That
> was my question, basically.

I guess the answer is 'not, and that's not a bad thing either'.  For d-i and
package descriptions etc. there are not upstream developers separate from
Debian.  I presume work on program translations should take place wherever
upstream does it - no need for Debian to set up an infrastructure.  If
upstream infrastructure for i18n is lacking, this should be solved
upstream, not in Debian.

-- vbi

--
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/subkeys