Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

[ dropping the cc: to debian-i18n@lists.debian.org ]

Kevin Mark dijo [Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 03:06:42AM -0400]:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 02:55:37AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> <snip>
> It just dawned upon me that it would be great to have unofficial votes
> by non-debian-developers as a way to gage the broader debian communites
> reponse to things. If debian is committed to its end users, a vote which
> shows their views would be a way to gage it. I am aware that there are
> things that should not be designed by a community where techical
> or security decisions are concerned but it would be a great feedback
> tool to see if folks think that debian is moving in a good directions.

Hmmm... Your idea sounds quite nice - I would not see it that much
relevant for the DPL election, as it is a highly internal topic, but
yes, I'd love to see the active/involved user and non-official
developer stand on our other votes. Maybe we could even make a series
of concentric rings representing the different "tiers" of involvement?
:) Of course, we would still require the votes to be gpg-signed, and
the signers to be part of the web of trust... But non-DDs would be
able to speak. Not vote, but see their opinion reflected.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23