Re: Private copies of list replies

Sorry, for the late answer, but I was in Turkey...
(creating a new enterprise in Denizli/Ankara)

Am 2006-03-22 12:15:29, schrieb Sven Mueller:

> Huh? I do just that on a regular basis. And Thunderbird doesn't load
> external pics from mails in either online or offline mode unless you

I do not mean the external pics...  I meen the inline ones...  On the
Debian-List there are several subscribers, which use crapy WebMailer
which add publicity in form of Pics at the end.

> specifically ask it to do so. You probably didn't try TB for a long time.

Very right.

> If you are a developer, you can't also be a "normal user". You have
> higher skills than the normal user.

OK.

> I second urging devs to implement List-Reply stuff though. But I don't
> recommend implementing M-F-T (though I don't advise against it either).

Currently I am coding a KDE/Gnome-free IMAP-MUA, based
on the ideas of mutt but for X-Window, using GTK+ 2.0.

I collect many ideas to code my MUA.  ;-)

So this M-F-T/List-Reply Thread is realy interesting...

> >>Also, it's not like we are discussing about mailers for a propietary
> >>OS, but it's a free mailer that works inside Debian.
> >
> > ...where some Developpers of MUA's thinking, they must make the
> > Linuxpedants compatibel with BS ware from a proprietary OS.
>
> ?? I don't get what you mean here. Do you mean that Thunderbird devs try
> to make TB compatible with Outlook? They certainly don't. Do you mean

I was on teh Mozilla and Thunderbird Lists (some other MUA's too)
and the trend is going into the direction of Windows stuff...

To make OUR Linux suitable for Windows-Switchers...

> that TB is BS? It certainly isn't. I don't have any idea what else you
> could mean.

I think, copying those Windows stuff is the false way.  I like to
code more strict based on RFC's not on some ideas of a proprietary
software which could be nice features.

What I want to say is, some peoples know allready abourt my MUA (GUI
already coded with basic functions) but those $USERS are Winnies,
and they claim I should code things, against RCF and all...

Those are only Windows Gadgets I have never used and never missed.
OK, I have put it onto a wishlist, but...

...you know, we are "hobby" coders and coding for fun and freedom.
I must work hard for my money and if someone wants a professionel
program, why not, but I need money to live (6000 Euro per month).

So, Mozilla-Mail and Thunderbird are implementing one feature after
one, but nothing realy wise.  Oh, I have a big wishlist for Mozilla
and Sisters, but if I post them, the Developers send me some jobles
russian KGB killers.  Maybe CIA and MOSSAD.

> cu,
> sven

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi