Re: uol.com.br and petsupermarket

Am 2006-03-15 14:45:25, schrieb Lars Wirzenius:

> > There were < 100 subscribers from uol.com.br and that ISPs challenge /
> > response mechanism is affecting (at least) > 5000 people.
>
> First, the hurt of even one innocent person being kicked out is, again
> in my opinion, bigger than the pain from having to delete autoresponses.

I have gotten more then 1000 of them!

> Second, I doubt that there are over five thousand posters on the lists
> in question. I could be wrong, of course.

Two lists: <debian-user> and <debian-devel>

> Thanks, I enjoy being compared to spammers.

1st)  I have not ask to get over 1000 CR's from someone I do not know.
2nd)  I have tried to click on the link several times but it continued
      to bother me every day with CR's.

> * The bounce test you sent in December did not seem to use VERP, that
> is, sending the test message so that the Return-Path and From headers
> are both specific to the recipient. Have you tried that? (I am guessing
> here that the bounce test didn't work because the automatic response
> didn't have any indication which message it was a response to. VERPs are
> one way of doing that.)

Right, I have checked on of those mails I have gotten to.  The messges
does not look like a message coming from the Mailinglist, becasue it
was sliping throgh my filters and ended in my SPAM-Folder.

I would suggest to create a Message which is EXACTLY like the list
messages but with a modified Subject line like

    "Question about filtering CR reponses with no $SERIAL"

Where $SERIAL is a numeric identifier of the subscribers of the list.

> * Ask someone in Brazil to call up the petsupermarket people on the
> phone and see who there is interested in Debian and if they could please
> not forward their Debian list subscriptions to uol.com.br?

Allready done...  no success!

> * Do a big "spring/fall cleanup" and unsubscribe *everyone*, with due
> advance notice of course. The linux-kernel list did that at least once,
> many years ago. This is different from kicking off only uol.com.br
> subscribers, since it will get rid of the offending address (and also
> any other people who are too lazy to unsubscribe, of course). Admittedly
> it is highly radical. (When people re-subscribe, keep time stamps of
> when they do that, to correlate with if the problem still comes back.)

No good idea...

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi