Re: Private copies of list replies

On 12 Mar 2006, MJ Ray told this:

> Apply your expectations to yourself. Don't push the work to handle
> your mail client's exceptional support for a non-standard buggy
> header onto everyone who requests a CC. It's unacceptable.

        It is unacceptable to people who want a CC? They are the ones
 asking for a favour. If they want  a special treatment, different
 from the default mailing list policy, either they put that favour
 request in a manner I am going to respond to, or they do not get a
 CC. As simple as that.

        My MUA shall respect MFT headers, so people shall get CC's if
 they set it. If they say something in the body, since it is not
 automated, it depends on whether I notice it, and am inclined to do
 them the favour or not. It's a crap shoot.

        manoj
--
"Rage is a wind that blows out the candle of reason." Author Unknown