Re: More polls and social pressure

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 09:43:23AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> [ Reply-to debian-project ]
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> given the size of the project, it's very difficult for any of us to
> evaluate the popularity of random ideas/opinions in a short time frame.
> Jeroen (jvw) recently conducted two informal polls (vi-tiny vs elvis, and
> maintainer field for ubuntu) and I liked those.

One limitation of Jeroen's polls where that they where not anonymous. This may
be a choice we can make, but i still think they have more value if they are
anonymous, as any kind of pressure and strategic choices can be made if they
are open, not that this would be the case for us, us being all nice folk and
everyone, but everyone can read those public poll information, and some of
those may be less nice :)

I strongly vote for this idea in any case.

Friendly,

Sven Luther