Re: Linux Forums

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 08:02:19AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I don't see how opening a web forum only the newbies are likely to use
> benefits the newbies or is fair to the experienced users who volunteer
> to help them.

People learn quickly.  Those who discovered GNU/Linux a year ago and
only got exposed to web forums before might be totally capable of
helping others already, and are more likely to do so on their familiar
media.

I didn't say that web forums are bad, just that we (as in, the Debian
Developers who are much more used to mailing lists) should be in a
position to monitor them and participate if we had our own.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer