Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

MJ Ray wrote:
>>This isn't too original, but how about just having a Debian wiki page
>>where people who don't want their name as Maintainer can sign up and for
>>them rename the field to "Debian-Maintainer" or something.

> That seems backwards. If they're not maintaining the ubuntu package,
> please don't fib and say that they are. Opt-in, not opt-out.

My guess is that there are some 30 people that do mind, so it's just to
have something to point to when people are complaining.[1]
I don't really offer that as a suggestion to please anyone, just as an
option to shut down the discussion. If hundreds of people sign up there,
they might want to consider to make that the default, if it's ten, hey,
they could even handle that manually.

Kind regards

T.

1. And, in fact, this derives from my view that Ubuntu's idea of package
   maintenance is far different from Debian's, resulting in the Debian
   packager branding the package much more than the Ubuntu changes in
   the vast majority of cases.
   But then my views are far too expensive to share with others.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/