Re: mailbox clogging, need daily "digests" of the list

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 03:12:42 +0530, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
On Tuesday 17 January 2006 13:33, Madana Prathap wrote:
I've been subscribed to 12 debian mailing-lists. As you could imagine, my mailbox is simply over-flowing now, with the number of mails & the
frequency. To avoid the struggle, I would like to subscribe to a "daily
digest" of mails on the lists.

I imagine having to only worry about checking after the digests have been sent reduces the odds of an embarassingly small mailbox from
clogging.

As my "from:" indicates, Gmail doesn't exactly suffer from a lack of space as such. What I did mean by clogging, is visual - a few hundred list mails a day, are enough to make your inbox look messy.

Also, I sent mail to the list-bot with "help" and all I got, was instructions how to subscribe or unsubscribe. The Debian Listmaster did inform me though, that digest-mode is offered only for the high-traffic lists. Thank you! :)
Hence this thread could be considered closed.

PS:
Many more lists are now getting a lot of traffic, the situation has probably changed since the time when lists were reviewed to identify the high-traffic ones. If these did get officially recognized as high-traffic, then possibly my wish of digest-mode for them, would be fulfilled.

Hope reigns supreme!