Re: Information abount packages.d.o and experimental

Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> Eh, considering I'm member of the ftp-master team, what problem are you
> talking about? There isn't any mail about any problem in my ftpmaster
> inbox that I can see, nor any bug filed.
>
> The only thing I can think of you must've been referring to is the
> following:
>
> A while ago, the actual Packages and Sources files were moved to
> dists/experimental instead of project/experimental, where they were
> historically, but that change should not affect anyone using normal apt
> sources.list syntax in their sources files, as that will still do the
> right thing, and actually, now without relying on a symlink, but because
> of the correct location of things now.

Seems to have broken this:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main

This is still the documented way to use experimental in the copy of the
developers reference on the web site.

> Personally, I think there are more interesting things happing in Debian
> that are worth d-d-a coverage than moving some symlinks around, though
> (well, unless it's for releasing a new stable Debian version, I guess).

We have lots of other lists, I'd mention this kind of change on -user
and/or -devel.

--
see shy jo